My most serious goal in 2015: make homemade pasta. I waited until today, December 31, but I achieved this goal.
I made homemade fettuccini noodles with a puttanesca sauce. Delicious! If you’re curious, I used a recipe from Williams-Sonoma’s “Pasta” cook book.
I read numerous books in 2015 – about 25 in the past year, but I’m probably forgetting a few, too.
A few of my favorites from the past twelve months:
- Becoming Steve Jobs – Brent Schlender & Rick Tetzeli
- All the Light We Cannot Sea – Anthony Doerr
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – Jules Verne
- The Effective Executive – Peter Drucker
- The Martian – Andy Weir
- Killer Angels – Michael Shaara
- The Bully Pulpit – Doris Kearns Goodwin
Robinson Crusoe – Daniel Defoe
Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass – Frederick Douglass
- Terry Pratchett (a smattering of Discworld novels)
I had several useful career accomplishments in 2015. I attended conferences like Velocity, organized Amazon’s internal web development conference in Seattle, and presented about web development career paths to international teams. I had a big impact through numerous contributions to our front-end framework (changes which you either have seen or will see). All-in-all: a good year.